History of the Inn
The Inn is located above Cafe Onder de Linde. The Cafe consists of three smaller monumental buildings that have been transformed into one: Groenmarkt 9 and Appelmarkt 15 and 16. The three smaller buildings were built in 1530, after the great fire of 1520 in Amersfoort’s inner city centre. This fire destroyed all wooden houses surrounding the Saint George (Sint Joris) church that you can view from within the Inn. The municipality of Amersfoort ordered that after the fire only stone houses could be placed. From 1755 onwards the Cafe was called Onder de Lindeboom (on Appelmarkt 15) which was later on changed to Onder de Linden or Onder de Linde.
The original mandate house is located on Groenmarkt 9. Is it built in brick stones with blind windows surrounded by decoratively shapes bricks. The upper part of the façade is split in three with an attachment in the middle and small pillars. This original design of the façade has been restored since 1941 and has connected the three buildings. This can be seen in the Inn in all the sneak stairs and small entryways on every floor.Book a room